I'm Back

After a 2 year hiatus, I've decided to give the fans what they want: I'm back! And this time, I think I'll stick around. After all, it's what the fans want. (There are no fans.) 

In all seriousness, I'm a little drunk. That wasn't how that sentence was supposed to go, but I think it's good to be transparent. What I meant to say was that I love to write and I think that there is something so profound about being able to connect with someone through written word (be it theirs or yours). I know that I have found kindred spirits in authors that I've never met and probably never will meet, but knowing that there's someone out there like me is so encouraging and strengthening. Isn't that all we as humans really want - to connect and feel like we're not alone in this stupid thing called life?

I may have an ulterior motive for coming back to blogging though, just to be - again - transparent. You see...I'm hoping it will make me rich. Laugh all you want, but stranger things have happened. And at this point, I'm a little desperate, because I don't have a job, and I have yet to win the lottery (probably because I don't play the lottery). Being jobless is kind of funny in theory, but when you get down to the nitty gritty, it's really just humiliating and sad. 

I really struggled in college - not necessarily academically, although I did fail one or two classes - but just, in general. I struggled to figure out what I wanted to do; I struggled to find a place where I fit in; I struggled to discipline myself in order to keep up in classes. It was a seven-year journey to get my Bachelor's degree - I graduated high school in May 2010 and finished my Bachelor's in May 2017. I mean, don't get me wrong - getting a Bachelor's in and of itself is an accomplishment; only about 25% of people in America get one (I always thought it was more than that). I feel good in that I can say that I have a Bachelor's, especially knowing how hard I worked and persevered for it. 

But silly me...I just assumed that I would get my degree, find a job I loved, and live happily ever after. I didn't necessarily expect to immediately become a CEO or anything, but I imagined I'd work for a company I loved and climb my way up the ranks and just generally love what I do. 

Ummm...that didn't happen. I'll go into the details at some point, but I really just wanted to make you all feel sorry for me. LOL At the very least, I wanted to give you an idea of what brought me back to the ole Blogspot. I mean, I know you've been missin' me, and I at least owe you an explanation. I'm gonna continue to write - at least, that's my plan. And I hope that you'll stick around and let me know what you think. Mostly because I need to make some money, but also because I want to connect with you, ya know?

Comments